Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A purpose, a cause

I was looking through my blog posts and found this in my drafts. I was 16 when I wrote this. Any thoughts? I pretty much feel the same way now as I did then and am not sure I have made much progress.
----


I feel something awakening within me
A purpose
A cause


I want to change the world

Wake people up

Sound the alarm


People are hurting and the world is dying

Wake them up before it's too late

Too late to save the world



Wrists are slit and hearts are broken



Can't sit by and do nothing

Have to help

Can't do nothing

Have to help

Can no one else feel it?

Can no one else sense this urgency?

An urgency to fight that which is not flesh and blood?

Corruption and depression

Selfishness and lies

Can't act like everything's okay

Like it's all hunky-dory

We can have fun but how much is too much?

...



Let's just write a fun story

Sing a fun song

Fun can be fun but the world needs help

They're dying out there

Help them!
What am I saying?
I don't know
I'm sixteen
And a bit confused about this
How to help?
Sing a song?
Write a story?
Say "hello"?
I don't know
What to do?
What to say?
How to live?
Why
Why
Why

1 comment:

Grandma G. said...

I think this is a little deep for a 19 year old let a lone a 16 year old. I think that the younger people feel depressed because with computers, cell phones and now computers on the cell phones it has taken away the human contact. Playing, listening, personally helping one another and just enjoying life. God is wonderful. If you want to help talk to people personally. Touch them. Hug them. Show them the love of God through you. Young people are scared. The only way they see an out is to kill them selves. That is not an answer. You are a very special person Catrina. Open up. Talk to people. show them that you love and care for them. I know you have it in you.
I love you. xoxo