Saturday, January 08, 2011

a GOD moment

So I really need to just share something with you guys. I know it's personal, but--wow--I really want to share it. Plus, I want to keep record of it so if I forget, I can look back on it.

Tonight is one of those times when God has spoken to me. I am usually hesitant to say that God spoke to me because I want to make sure it was God and not just me. So many people go around saying "God told me this" and "God told me that."

But this time, I'm not going to be hesitant--God spoke to me tonight. Yeah, there was a voice, but it wasn't God's. I know you must be completely confused now. Let me explain.

Today, I was introduced to a used bookstore (that I will, no doubt, be returning to soon). I decided to buy two CD's. One of them was Brandon Heath's Don't Get Comfortable. It's an older CD, but whatever.

So I put Don't Get Comfortable in my CD player, put my headphones in and started getting ready for bed tonight. I put the player on random and then kept pushing next until I got to a song I knew (didn't want to learn new songs tonight). It went to song #3 (actually called Don't Get Comfortable, one I wasn't familiar with) and then I pushed next and then a little bit later, it went back to #3. So I went to push next again but then I thought, well, maybe I should listen to this. And so I listened.

Another thing you should know, is that I have been having really intense battles recently, mentally, spiritually, etc. I have been battling doubts and so many conflicting thoughts about life and God and love and how it all goes together and applies to me. But I have also been getting great encouragement through fellow believers and books I have been reading. One book in particular is Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris (go out, buy this book, and read it).

Anyways, so here are the lyrics to the song that God used to speak to me tonight.


BRANDON HEATH LYRICS – DON’T GET COMFORTABLE

Na na na na na na na na nanaaah
Na na na na na na na na nanaaah

Comfortable, don’t get comfortable.
I am gonna’ move this mountain
then I’m gonna move you in.

Yesterday, this is not yesterday.
You were standing on my shoulders; now you’re standing on the edge.
You’ve been looking for a sign all this time.

I am gonna show you what I mean
I am gonna love like you’ve never seen
You are gonna live like you used to dream
This is your new song

So afraid but you don’t have to be afraid
Even if you make mistakes
You know that I’ll remain
You’ve been looking for a sign all
this time.
If you seek you’ll find me every time.

So I am gonna show you what I mean
I am gonna love like you’ve never seen
You are gonna live like you used to dream
This is your new song

Na na na na na na na na nanaaah
Na na na na na na na na nanaaah

Can you feel the call of love?
Is it moving you to be a
child of God of love?
Is it reaching you?
It’s everywhere the call of
love.

I just want to show you what I mean
I just want to love like you’ve never seen
Do you want to live like you used to dream?
Then I’ve got a song for you

Coz I am gonna show you what I mean
I am gonna love like you’ve never seen
You are gonna live like you used to dream
This is your new song

Na na na na na na na na nanaah

You’ve got a new song

Na na na na na na na na nanaa

This song addressed several of the issues I've been having. It was miraculous how much it covered, really.

GOD IS SO GOOD

And, you know, just the fact that I've been battling so much and wanting to pursue God so much, it just...I just feel like this isn't just an accident. I'm going to make it through this and I'm going to be a stronger believer than I ever have been. I am going to do great things for God. (I don't say this to brag on myself, but to praise the God who is doing these things in me.) God is amazing and He can accomplish anything--even in me.

I'm going to print the lyrics out onto one or more of the binders I'll be using this semester so I don't forget this moment.

Yeah, God spoke to me tonight. This song was "the sign" that I've been hoping for--I just didn't think it would come in this form. The recent intensifying of my longing to want God and do His will is "the call of love" for me.

OH, GOD IS SO GOOD!

No comments: