Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Beautiful Testimony--I Beg You to Watch

What a beautiful Christian woman! I want to be more like her.




For a long time, I have thought, there really is no one out there (besides Christ, of course) I can say I really want to be like that person--that is my hero. I have realized more and more how imperfect everyone is. But this woman, Gianna Jessen, whom I just watched in this one video, is my hero.

Yes, I'm sure she is imperfect. No, she had no control over the beginning of her life. But she DID have control over how she reacted to her origin. She made a choice to speak out about what happened to her. She is using this to further the cause of Christ. She possesses certain Christ-like qualities that I love: she is courageous (how many people do you know who could stand up in a government building and tell their story and talk about Jesus Christ?) and bold and hopeful and she is fighting for justice.

I want to fight for justice with my gifts. I want to use my gifts to be bold and courageous in my faith.

----

"...I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." -Gianna Jessen

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love." -1 Corinthians 16:13-14

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." -1 Corinthians 15:58

1 comment:

Jae said...

I clicked the next blog button and came upon yours.. I love her testimony and am so thankful that she is using her life to speak for the unborn! :-) Thanks for posting it and God Bless
Janette