Tuesday, January 05, 2010

First Post of 2010

I don't really have any amazing things to say today. Just didn't want to let the first week of 2010 go by without posting. So here are a few misc. thoughts.

=====

I saw Avatar last Friday at the theater. It was visually amazing and you'd think that it just being visually amazing wouldn't count for much but it DID! It was so awe-inspiring just to sit there and watch the blue people running around and talking through the beautiful world. I was fascinated watching the blue people and all the creatures created for the Pandora eco-system. *sigh* It was just SO COOL!!!

On the downside, Avatar was (of course) riddled with propaganda. It reminded me of the Disney version of "Pocahantas" [correct spelling?]--evil men come to a place where "savages" live in search of an extremely expensive mineral, a native and the only non-evil man fall in love but there are obstacles for their love due to the differences their peoples have. Also, don't forget that the natives seem to worship everything around them or at least think they're all equal. And the evil military guy just seemed like a 2D character--pure macho-evilness!

So I definitely disagreed with the politics of the movie but Sam Worthington is adorable and it was visually appealing so...I'm conflicted.

=====

I guess this post is going to be about movies because I'm not going to list the movies I want to see.

-The Young Victoria--who knew that a movie could exist in which a husband and wife love each other dearly? Definitely something I want to witness so I can tell my children about. "Yes, Promise (possible name for my future daughter), there was once a movie in which a husband and wife loved each other very much and weren't having affairs!" This is groundbreaking stuff. ;)

-Surrogates--I love sci-fi!

-Daybreakers--I admit that it's yet another vampire movie but I still want to see it!

-The Lovely Bones--Looks very interesting--plus, Peter Jackson is doing it so I must watch it!

======

Happy New Year, Everyone!

3 comments:

Grandma G. said...

One thing I want to point out is that you don't need to go to a movie to see true love. You have parents that love each other desarly. You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Cat said...

Thank you, Grandma. Yes, it is wonderful to have parents who are married (to each other) and love each other.

And thank you, Anonymous. I'm glad my blog has been successful in interesting you. I hope you keep reading!