Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Lexicon's Bible Verses


Here are a few Bible verses that make me think of my protagonist Lexicon.

1.) Proverbs 24:11-12 (NIV)
Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

Here is the same passage from the Message
Rescue the perishing; don't hesitate to step in and help. If you say, "Hey, that's none of my business," will that get you off the hook?Someone is watching you closely, you know— Someone not impressed with weak excuses.

2.) Galatians 6:9-10
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

This Bible verse reminds me of the antagonist(s) in my story:

Proverbs 14:17

A quick-tempered man does foolish things, and a crafty man is hated.

Anyways, I thought I'd share these verses.

No comments: